The 80/20. Business Principles In a Ring

When I was in college, I took a marketing class with a professor that was involved in developing video conferencing software. Keep in mind this is 15 years ago. He was a very interesting guy and taught me a lot. Specifically he discussed the 80/20 principle in his class. The concept inspired other business books like the 4 hour work week and concepts along those lines. 

The 80/20 principle is a business concept that 20 percent of your effort generates 80 percent of your result and vice versa. The other side of the coin is that to get to 100 percent you have to give that additional 80 percent. I found this concept absolutely fascinating and it really applies to many things in life. 

I've been obsessed with the concept. I have been so obsessed I actually made myself a ring called the 80/20 where 20% of the exterior was titanium and the other 80% was whatever the hell I wanted at the time. It was a constant reminder to me that I needed to be primarily focused on the 20% that created 80% of Carbon Fi's success. I'd look down and thing, is what I'm doing right now, the best use of my time? That question helped me from doing all sorts of time sucks, like getting stuck scrolling through social media aimlessly or working on the right parts of my business. Though I was never 100% perfect in my business, it helped me from going under TWICE during partner splits with other businesses, and ultimately helped me re-center myself around just one business.

I got lost on occasion, but the reminder I wore, always brought me back. 

The fun part of the 80/20 ring concept is that it is diverse. So many materials can be mixed and matched. It has become a very exciting ring to make and design. 

Check out the 80/20 collection for a limited time.

The 80/20 lume ring by Carbon Fi. Better priced than Black Badger


Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published